Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Zelda are all great games but I the game of choice here is Frogger. But this kind of Frogger you don’t play on a computer or game console, no, you play Frogger live, where you are Frogger himself. This is how I feel almost every time I have to cross the street. I am not sure what the law is here, but I am pretty sure it’s not pedestrians have the right of way. Cars come careening around corners and it is your responsibility to make sure you are out of the way. Most of the cars I’ve seen so far have been driving uncomfortably fast for the size of the road they are driving on. Taxis are the worst. They appear to speed up when they see someone crossing. The main road everyone has to cross to get to school is almost always busy, and so in order to cross it most times you have to walk to the middle, wait, and then continue. This scares me, but I have seen many young children and elderly couples cross this way cool as a bird. The idea that you are in a video game doesn’t just apply to crossing the road, while riding in taxis and buses I have had a similar feeling. I recently was riding in a taxi and while speed was necessary to get up the hill we narrowly missed hitting an elderly lady with a cane crossing the street. The margin between her and the body of the car might have been a foot. The bus driver I had on my way back from Sofia seemed to have a similar case of being speed crazy and an eye impairment that made him miss judge distances. I think there were about 6 times where the driver laid on his horn, and none of them were because someone cut him off or was driving super slow. Nope, they were all because the driver had decided to pass tractor-trailer trucks, other cyr buses, or do a double pass when there wasn’t enough room. The horn was for the car we were passing to slow down so that our bus could get back over, often because the oncoming traffic was less than 50 yards away and a head on collision was a few seconds away. Europe is known for loving soccer, but from what I’ve seen it’s Frogger and possibly Simpsons Road Rage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment