Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dress Up

I love dressing up and looking good, and here it is so easy because everyone likes to dress up. I think this is the only school or time of my life where I have worn a dress and nobody asks why. I hate this question. “You look really pretty today! But why are you so dressed up?” Well, uhh, I don’t know, maybe because I wanted to look pretty. I like it here because I could wear a sundress every single day of the week and no one would think anything of it. This is probably because no matter what I wear, I am always out shone. Some of the outfits here with the hair, makeup, accessories, and shoes, are quite impressive. It took me 10 minutes the morning to get dressed, put on my makeup, and go. (This was probably mostly due to the fact that I woke up late.) Some of the girls here must spend a while on their appearance in the morning because they look outstanding. They wear these heeled boots and strappy sandals that I can only dream about being able to walk in. They have about 15 shoe stores here in town and the selection is endless. (Although they all only carry up to about a US size 7, thanks a lot.)

And then there are some girls here who don’t quite have it. It appears that they have put in effort but it just didn’t come out right. One of the popular things to do here is to crimp your roots so that it gives you some more body. I personally think its looks a little funny but I’ve seen lots of girls with their hair done like this. Some have done it a little bit too much and their hair is so built up that the hair sticks out parallel about two inches making the top of their head look flat. All I can think about when I see these girls is a little terrier puppy. Most of the “puppy” girls have been the younger ones who I assume are in high school. They also have school uniforms that they have glamorized. Some of them wear tights, which I just can’t fathom in this weather.

The older women have sometimes-odd outfits on. I saw a lady with a full zebra print cat suit. It was quite particular. I also find that the older ladies dress quite sexy. They have more cleavage and sex appeal then I do even though they are twice my age. They also always wear heels. I have seen them in the park chasing after children or pushing them in strollers and just clicking around in their pumps. If I can’t walk in them now, I doubt I will be able to at their age. Walking in those must be why so many of them are in such great shape.

I both like and dislike they way people dress here. They dress up enough so that I can too, but they also sometimes dress so well that I can’t compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment